If you are working as a teacher for Dragons in Europe , the MCTC® ‘Specialist’ programme will help you to improve as a Chinese teacher, with a focus on teaching Chinese in the western classroom, with western education techniques. The programme has been closely aligned to the UK’s teaching standards and is certified after 100 hours of teaching on curriculum with observations and evaluations throughout.
MCTC® ‘Specialist’ Key Information:
- Suitable for Dragons in Europe teachers
- Trained and experienced instructors (qualified teachers)
- Certified after 100 hours curriculum class teaching
- Aligned to UK national teaching standards
- Free for all Dragons in Europe teachers
- Level 1 and Level 2 certification available
- Regular feedback and support throughout
If you are a primary school teacher with limited knowledge of Mandarin Chinese, but good experience of general teaching practice, MCTC® ‘Inspire’ is the training programme for you. This initiative has been designed to train teachers to deliver Mandarin Chinese in their own school using Dragons in Europe resources.
Dragons in Europe instructors conduct two training sessions at your school. The first session introduces you to the language, resources and support network offered by the MCTC ‘Inspire’ programme. After this session – and along with regular support throughout your first year teaching – MCTC® ‘Inspire’ trainees are well prepared to begin delivering a foundation level Chinese course.
The second session is conducted later on during the delivery of the lessons – usually after 10 hours of teaching. The instructor will return to your school to observe one of your lessons in action. During this session you will be given feedback on your lesson and the progress you have made since the first session. You will have the opportunity to ask questions about the course and resources.
After 20 hours of teaching, and providing your progress and evaluations meet with the course requirements, you will be awarded certification from Dragons in Europe.
MCTC® ‘Inspire’ Key Information:
- Suitable for teachers with no prior subject knowledge or experience teaching Chinese
- Aimed at primary school teachers whose background in languages is likely to positively contribute to faster up-take
- 6 hours of face-to-face training (in 2 separate sessions)
- On-going support from your instructor throughout the programme
- Held at your school
- $1000 per school (max. 2 teachers)
- Includes access to all our teaching resources